Messaging allows for clearer, faster, and easier way for you to communicate with each other. The Messaging system will save you time, keep you organized, and inspire you to explore more Listings. Take a look at how to make the most of the Messaging system below:
Messaging Within Search
A few quick clicks and you're on your way! You can send your messages and exchange requests directly from Search without having to leave the page. You can also send multiple inquiries at the once, or send a message to specific Listings by selecting them and simply clicking "Get In Touch".
Add Listing to your customized list
Click the envelope to instantly open the Get In Touch screen with that listing, without having to leave your Search results.
Select the box to include the Listing in your single-click send. Once this box is selected, you can click "Get In Touch" to connect.
Personalize your lists so you can quickly find what you are looking for and see when new listings meet that search criteria. Quickly add your ideal exchanges using the “My Lists” tool to easily contact them directly from your Inbox or find them later.
Once you have selected the + icon, add the Listing to multiple lists or Create New.
Enjoy the effortlessness of your Inbox, complete with organized filters, clearer navigation, and the ability to search within it.
- Dynamic Filters - Using the navigation bar along the top of your inbox, quickly find your current and past conversations by selecting the type of inquiry, the destination, and/or the year.
- New Inquiries and My Lists - in addition to search page, you can now use your Inbox to add listings to your lists by selecting the +.
- My List Filter - Select one of your lists and see who you have and have not contacted within it.
Archive Your Messages
Quickly archive messages once you have completed the conversation. Select the archive icon on the Message to move it out of your Inbox.
If you archive conversations that are not completed, we will ask you to confirm you would like to archive it. If you confirm, that request will then be declined automatically or, if you initiated it, canceled.
You can easily restore conversations at any time by going to your Archive folder and clicking on the same icon.
One of the most important steps in supporting the foundation of our strong community is responding to your inquiries. Even if you unfortunately have to turn it down, it’s important to respond to every inquiry you receive.
Using the quick reply option, you can say "Interested" or "Sorry, not at this time" in an instant, saving you time and helping your fellow Members continue their search. When selecting either option, you are still able to leave a personal note for the Member, if you prefer, before responding.
Knowing exactly who is in the traveling party, what all is available at the home once you arrive and, of course, agreeing on the exact dates, are imperative to planning your next exchange. Now all of this information is in one, easy to find and use, place; directly within your conversation.
To register your exchange, simply provide the key details of your travels in the provided form. Send to your partner to enter their details, confirm, and you're done!
Register Your Exchange
Thanks to this streamlined step in the exchange agreement process, we are able to provide you with more support and guidance than ever during all phases of your exchange when you register.
Once you have agreed on your Exchange Terms, you can officially Register Your Exchange by clicking "Review Exchange Terms" - "Confirm Exchange"
There are many benefits to registering your exchange:
- We can help! Before, during and after your exchange, we are here 24/7.
- You get recognized for your past exchanges (and this is critical for your credibility).
- Your dashboard is up-to-date.
- We can email you helpful info regarding your upcoming and past exchanges.
If you don't register your exchange, what are the consequences?
- You won't get credit for your past exchanges (and this credit is critical for your credibility).
- Your dashboard will be out of date.
- We can't email you helpful info regarding your upcoming exchanges.
- We may not be able to ensure the same level of support.